Friday, June 6, 2014

A class of their own....



In addition to Something Blu Events, I am also an educator. This year I had Kindergarten and 1st grade students. It has been a challenging yet productive school year with my kiddos but I wanted to give them something to remember me and the great year we had together. I saw this awesome picture on Jo's Photo Mojo  so I decided to create one of my own. I really focused on my students reaching their goals and knowing what they wanted to be when they grew up. This picture summed it all up!






This DIY project was simple and required little to nothing. I purchased some chalkboard spray paint from Home Depot and sprayed a few old dry erase boards that I had. The paint dries within 8-10 minutes so it was ready shortly after. Each child told me all the great things they wanted to be and it was awesome to see how excited they each were. I used the photo editing collage maker in Picasa to create the picture. Once I created it I sent it to my local photo shop to print and gave each student a copy in a nice frame as a keepsake. What a way to end the year. I hope that each child and parent will cherish this for years to come!


*All students pictures were used with adult consent.

Have a Blu day!
Candice


No comments :